Friday, September 26, 2008

I'd Rather Be Riding

So, life is busy as usual, but I decided to take some time to myself while O was at nursery this morning and treat myself to a manicure, pedicure, and haircut.  I drove to Newmarket after dropping him off to find the happy sight of thoroughbreds in the midst of their morning workouts.  I can't tell you how fun it was to see several dozen chestnut and bay horses prancing around, either warming up for a sprint or cooling down after a good run.  Its not everyday that you see a 1000 pound animal crossing the road, and as most of you know I used to ride on a very regular basis back at school.  It was a nice way to start my Friday morning.  

In Ollie news, he is getting simply adorable.  There have been MANY times this week where I have to stifle a giggle so that I can get him back on track to what he's supposed to be doing.  I mean, everything he does is cute.  Ok...when he won't take his nap (like this afternoon), that's not so cute, and I could do without the whining.  But in general, he's stinking adorable.  I'm a little biased I think.  What does he do that's so cute, you ask?  Its the general two year old, exploratory, inquisitive toddler stuff.  I need to write this stuff down!  


1 comment:

Jaana said...

Hi Dori! Oh, I'm a little homesick for your trip to Newmarket today! (Miss you tons too!) Hope all is well on your end. Can't complain here...well, I have to work this weekend, so I will complain about that! We are in the process of getting the backsplash tiled in our kitchen...almost finished (we did NOT do the work ourselves..) I'll send some pics once it's done! I like it so far!!! although it's hard to cook (which I've been feeling like lately) when the counters are all taped up and the oven is pulled out and un-plugged. Needless to say, we've been eating out alot as Joel is not a huge fan of microwaving everything...suits me fine though! Oh well... xxxJaana