Friday, September 12, 2008

Helping Mommy


Helping Mommy
Originally uploaded by spauldingtj
Isn't that the cutest grin that you've ever seen!  Does this kid know what to do in front of a camera or what?  Last weekend, Ollie and I adapted a recipe to meet his dietary needs. They actually turned out really well without eggs or milk.  Ollie nibbled some of them, but I don't think that he was to keen on the texture just yet.   Things here are going pretty well.  The sun made a brief appearance last Wednesday while Ollie was at nursery.  After a nice run, I took the pup into town so that I could enjoy Market day and a cuppa at our favorite coffee spot.  You might think that tying a dog to the center of an outdoor table would signal dibs to the world, but not so to one couple walking by.  Fortunately, the couple took my polite hints well enough and let me enjoy a cappuccino and a chapter of my current book while the dog ate a pigs ear from the pet stand.  I don't often indulge on pure Mommy time, but the day was to nice to pass up.  
In other exciting news, we're planning a T & D getaway to Rome for a few days in early October.  Instead of carting Ollie-man around to the Coliseum and the Vatican, he's going to spend a few days with some friends.  I'm not sure if they'll be able to pry him away from the train table or the copious amounts of little boy toys.  We're going to have a trial run while they watch Ollie for my second half marathon.  Really, I'm going to run an entire marathon if you don't think much about the two week break that I took in the middle!  
Ollie and I are planning some nice surprises for Dad, who should be back from a long "business trip" in just a few more weeks.  I would tell you, but then I'd have to kill you (or block Tim from reading the blog).  Alright...I'm off to bed after a nice evening with the girls.  I was able to employ one of the babysitters last minute in order to escape to the movies.  Hope you're all doing well!

No comments: