
It seems that every night arrives after a very busy day, leaving me little to no time to post. As I was checking my friends' blogs (something I do obsessively), I realized that I should just go ahead and post even if its not the perfect post. Ollie man and I took the trek down to Gatwick Airport this morning to drop my Mom off. We were very sad to see her off after the best visit that we've ever had.
We were REALLY lucky and didn't hit any traffic to speak of, and the day was beautiful and sunny as we drove down the M11. Since Ollie slept in the car, we stopped at the BXtra to buy some paint supplies and a new lunch box. We're switching Ollie to the bigger room and converting his old room into a really big closet. You know that men designed the bathrooms in the UK, because the only thing that you can plug in in the bathroom, is a shaver. This leaves me several feet away from a mirror as I dry and fix my hair. So, the new room will be the place for that. Exciting stuff! Well, I'm acutally really excited to get Ollie's room set up, because we're going to put him in a big boy bed AND I will be able to take a shower while he's napping (sounds like a small thing, but its actually a real hassle). He's able to climb out of the crib, he just doesn't know it yet. We'll have to take the plunge one day, so it might as well be before he hurts himself climbing out.
Ollie's still a busy little guy. He says a TON of words and his enunciation gets better everyday. He can clearly say "Thomas," as in the tank engine. McQueen has a rival for his affection. Ollie has been a ton of fun lately, as long as he's not throwing a typical toddler temper tantrum. Ollie is no shrinking violet and will let you know exactly what he'd like you to do, and if you don't do it, you might see the angry upset face. Fortunately, the episode's don't last too long.
Alright...I'm out. Hope everyone's well!
2 comments:
We found your blog! Ollie is so handsom, and it sounds like you are having such a good time in the UK. I look forward to reading more about your family. We have started a blog too...check it out!
We found your blog! Ollie is so handsom, and it sounds like you are having such a good time in the UK. I look forward to reading more about your family. We have started a blog too...check it out!
Post a Comment