Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Time Out
So what do you do with a misbehaving toddler? All parents go through the discipline question...it's inevitable. Tim and I don't love the idea of spanking (at this age, at least), so time out seems like an acceptable alternative to let Ollie know that some behavior is unacceptable. So, this morning when he pulled Risby's tail, I put him in time out. He's only there for a minute, and when he's done I reinforce, "No pulling Risby's tail." Ollie knows that he isn't supposed to do it. I continue to get some work done around the house, and I notice that Ollie is bringing lamb, bear, bus, and Sally (from Cars) to sit in time out with him (he put himself there again). "Bus, time out, lamb, time out." It was adorable, but oh the guilt I felt! After we returned from the gym, I gave him a reprimanding look for eating a freezer cube (its nontoxic, but it doesn't need to be destroyed). I didn't intend for him to go to time out, but he sent himself there anyway. Oh, the things these kids do! He keeps a smile on my face, that's for sure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment