Monday, February 21, 2011

How Wonderful Life Is

We went to Home Depot today and it was very exciting. I get it now, why people who only live somewhere for a few years but still spend money on a house. Its not just a house, its our home. And I love it. Tim primed the pillars on our front porch and I painted our entryway. Its going to be beautiful when we're done.

Back at HD, I walked through the flower section and left feeling like I'd walked through a botanic garden. I was all warm and fuzzy inside, thinking about my own garden. Our back yard is full of possibilities (which is code for - it needs a LOT of work). We're going to be able to make a nice flower garden, veg garden, and still have space for the kids to play. AND we have a large cement slab, complete with a basketball hoop. When O and C grow a few more feet, we'll be all set.

The weather here has been unbelievable. Saturday morning, Tim and I dropped the kids off at my gym and I was able to go for a bike ride with my love. It wasn't long, but it was nice to ride with him : )

In other news, lots of things are going on in our community. Our lifestyle lets us get to know people and then moves us away. Its both a blessing and a curse. Every time I move, I have insecure moments where I second guess everything I say. This move has been easier as some of my very good friends moved here as well. Good friends know me well enough to forgive those moments when I stick my foot in my mouth. New friends, maybe not so much. So, I usually agonize over something that I said and then try to act cool and nonchalant as I relate my foot in the mouth moment to said new friend in hopes that she calms my fears. This, my friends, after unpacking, is the worst part of moving. The best part of moving is the chance to get to know some amazing people. We've been very fortunate so far to meet some of the best people that the AF has to offer, in my humble opinion.

The other nasty part of moving is leaving old friends and missing out on the big stuff. Our friend had a kidney transplant on Tuesday. Thank the Lord, she is doing well. Two of our friends had healthy baby girls, which is amazing. I've been on FB all day, hoping for good news about our other friend, who is in the ICU. He went from a healthy guy to very sick, very quickly. The latest news is better, but he's still not up and at 'em.

I'm the kind of girl who wears my heart on my sleeve. I always have. What this means is that I have a hard time not thinking about my friend and her sick husband. How can I enjoy a bike ride, when she's at the hospital with her husband? We're doing what we can, which is saying prayers and sending messages. There's not much else to do at this point. I'm just reminded to hold my kids a little tighter and tell my hub how much I love him. Again.

Life is wonderful, because of the wonderful people we share it with. Chances are, if you're reading this blog...you're one of the wonderful people in my life. Thanks.



No comments: