Monday, April 05, 2010

Happy Easter

Happy Easter everyone! Here's an update from the Spauldings...

Charlotte continues to move. She'll "walk" when I hold her hands and she would like to stand ALL OF THE TIME. Her favorite things are her brother, her dog, and exploring new parts of the house! C continues to bring lots of joy to us with her warm smiles and sweet giggles.

Ollie is still wonderful. He tests both Tim and I constantly to determine his boundaries, but he's a great kid. O really pays attention to his world these days and remembers random facts from the not so recent past. His curiosity is insatiable. We had a great time in the kitchen on Saturday, as O helped Tim and I prepare some lasagna for a small dinner party. Everyone wore an apron and jammed to the music.

This weekend held a few firsts for our fam. Ollie watched Star Wars (no. 4) from beginning to end. He lasted longer than I did! We also played Candyland this afternoon while C napped. I'm not sure if you all remember just how simple that game is, but I'm not sure who had a better time playing. Ollie wiggled with excitement as he moved his piece around the board, and I can't tell you how great it was to watch him. This parenting gig isn't so bad after all : )

Tim continues to stay busy in class. Despite his workload, he has made time to be a great Dad and very helpful husband. I may in fact be the luckiest woman alive : )

Life with two kiddos is great, but busy. I have to say that I really love having two and I seem to be happiest when there is a lot going on. I manage to carve out some gym time to train for the next tri...two weeks to go! This next one is a traditional sprint tri (the last two were reverse tris), with a 500 m swim, 24 k bike, and 5 k run. Just bought a wetsuit since this one is an open water. Don't worry Mom...this one is in a lake, so there are no sharks to worry about : ) The races continue to keep me motivated to workout, even if I don't get all of my planned training hours into the week.

I'd like to say a HUGE thanks to our Texas Grandpa and Col. Ray for driving from Ft. Worth to the desert to bring us the family piano, a hand me down train table, and Ollie's new bed. Grandpa has taken up wood work as a hobby and built Ollie a real bed. O man was very excited to move to a real big boy bed from his toddler bed. Grandpa and Col. Ray also played the roles of stand-in babysitter, master griller, preschool entertainer, and all around HUGE help. We really enjoyed our time with both of them. Thanks!!!!

Hope you are all well! Check out the Flickr link to see the latest and greatest Spaulding pics : )
http://www.flickr.com/photos/spauldingtj/

No comments: