Saturday, September 19, 2009

Alas, poor York, we knew it well...


York! We should have gone there before. What a great town. Before we hit the road O and I established a couple more MAN LAWS:


MAN LAW 1: GLASSES ARE OPTIONAL








MAN LAW 2: TOILET SEATS SHOULD REMAIN IN THEIR MOST EFFICIENT POSITIONS.




After lunch in the park, we made our way to the National Rail Museum. Great museum, though why did the Thomas merchandise have to be some close to the entrance? Anyway, Ollie almost passed out when he saw the main hall. I dragged him away from the caboose that you could climb into (I thought 1 hour was a bit excessive). We then discovered that we could climb through a bunch of the engines.


O was the engineer, picking up the coal from the tender:






And putting it in the fire:





Great day over all, capped off by hanging by the river Ouse and finishing off lunch leftovers while watching the boat races.



I won't tell you what time Ollie fell asleep in order to protect the innocent!

3 comments:

April said...

This both frightened me and made me laugh...mainly because I know this is EXACTLY the kind of stuff Aaron is going to teach our children someday! Glad to see you boys are enjoying your gents wknd, even if it does mean you don't get to ride the red boats. Really - a no all guys group?! Good luck to Dori on the Fabio sightings ;)

TifLester said...

My goodness you all are too cute.

David and Kate said...

You guys are hilarious!