Friday, August 21, 2009

Two Months

Our smiley girl



Big brother hugs

Sorry for the huge gaps between updates, but better late than never right? Charlotte had her two month check up last week, and she's up to 11 pounds and 14 ounces. She likes to eat!! She's on the tail end of a growth spurt, so she's put on even more over the past few days. We have mostly good days, but here and there she's fussy in the evenings. The great part of having two kids is that Tim and I both know that this phase will pass soon. When she's not sleeping, C loves to smile and coo. She also loves to hear the lullabies that I sang to Ollie while I was pregnant with her. She's a love.

Ollie continues to be a great big brother and a constant source of entertainment. He loves to ask all kinds of questions and you can see the wheels turning as he works out the ways of the world in his head. He's also taken to treating his lamb as his baby, even calling his lamb Charlotte the other day. He likes to feed Charlotte the same way that I feed his sister. Its too cute! Feeding lamb is a better idea than feeding Charlotte. He climbed onto the sofa one day, lifted his shirt, and asked me to hand him Charlotte so that he could feed her. I don't remember how I explained it to him, but he seems to understand now that only Mommies can feed babies : ) O man is also into role playing, which gives us a great insight into his psyche - especially when he sends us to time out!

Tim continues to be a rock star and kept both kids while I went to a coffee on Thursday night. He's currently at an air show in Norway, living the good life with the single guys.

Life is still busy for me, but its good. Its much better today, because I recently employed a house keeper. Today was her first visit and she'll come every week until we move. Its nice not to feel overwhelmed with a new baby in the house : ) Its the best money that I've spent in a very long time!

As a family, we've planned a trip to the Cinque Terre, Italy for a week in September. We're staying in the village of Corniglia, which sits atop a cliff overlooking the Mediterranean. Rough life, I know. Espresso, red wine, pesto, pasta, and pizza...here we come!

Alright...I'm off to bed. O man has decided that 6 am is now "wake up time" and I'm on single ops until Monday. I've got to get an alarm clock for his room and teach him that he can't leave until the alarm goes off at 7 am!!! We have an exciting day planned for the three of us. Thomas the Tank Engine is visiting a local Steam Garden, so O man won't know what to do with himself! I'll let you know how it goes : )

2 comments:

David and Kate said...

We miss you! Glad things are going well.

TifLester said...

Charlotte is adorable and Ollie sounds like he's only getting cuter and sooo entertaining. I can't wait til you make a trip back to the States to visit. Miss you all! Big kisses,