Thursday, May 07, 2009

32 Weeks

Ollie and I were able to hear the little girl's heartbeat this morning at my 32 week check up, which is always a comforting sound.  Here's a check-list from a friend's blog...hope you don't mind me borrowing it Amy!  Its pretty comprehensive...

How far along:  32 weeks

Total weight gain/loss:  25 pounds so far (WAY better than last time...I was sitting at about 35 or so at this point...MUCH less comfortable)

Maternity clothes?  Oh yeah, Jerry.  Good thing that the Gap had some sales while I was in the states!

Stretch marks?  Fortunately no.  Wish I could claim cocoa butter, but I barely have enough time to drink enough water during the day, much less lube up my belly after O man goes to sleep.

Sleep:  Hmmm....it would be better if my voip phone hadn't rung at 2 am.  Its also going to be better when I have another adult in the house.

Best moment this week:  Ollie put his hands on my belly to try to feel her move (no love yet), and he informed me that she's not a sister, just a baby.  He also likes to tell me that baby's eat food.  How do you prepare a two and a half year old that's the center of everything that a little baby is about to be VERY close to Mommy a lot of the time?

Movement:  She moves, but not as much as Ollie (I hope this is a good sign)

Food cravings:  High fat foods make my stomach hurt, so I've been avoiding too much of those.  Here lately, I've enjoyed some nice carbs.  Calzone at Ask?  Scone at Harriet's?  Yes please!

Gender:  Lots of pink in the laundry : )

Labor Signs:  hmmm...I probably need to sit down more in the evenings, but not really.  I also need to be really good about drinking the appropriate amount of water...I've been much better lately.

Belly Button in or out:   a little of both

What I miss:  my husband!!!

What I'm looking forward to:  Hugging my husband

Weekly Wisdom:  Stress is bad for the baby

Milestones:  None, really.  I don't feel like I'm 8 months pregnant too often.  I'm still able to do the tree pose in my yoga class, along with most other moves besides the abs and forward bending stretches...you just can't get around the belly to lean forward.

In other pregnancy news, I saw the docs on base for the last time.  I've been "disengaged" from the American system (although they reassured me that I can return any time that I like) so that I can begin to see the British consultant (Brit speak for doctor) and the midwives.  The cool thing here is that the midwives actually come to my house for most of the visits.  Why am I switching to the NHS you ask?  I'd like to avoid another surgery, so I'm giving the old fashioned method another try.  Do I want to go through labor?  Not particularly, but I'd like to be able to recover faster, pick up my two year old, and have the "normal" experience of having a baby.  We'll see how it goes.  They give me until 10 days past my due date (which is the 1st of July) to go into labor, so she'll be here one way or the other by the 10th.  

O man is doing well also.  We've had a couple of frustrating days here in the Spaulding house.  Delays can be a challenge, but eventually my better half will make it back to the island.  I'm super thankful for great friends and a VERY loving and supportive husband.  Speaking of great friends, thanks to Shanna, Erin, and Anna for the extra help with O man here lately.  Don't know what I'd do without you guys!

I know that humility is a very important character trait, but I'd like to throw it aside for just a minute and inform the blog readers about my wonderful husband's latest achievement.  He was recognized as the SOS student of the year!!  SOS is a leadership training program that lasts about 6 weeks, and one student is picked out of each class to be the top grad.  Out of the top students each year, one student is picked to be the top student of the year and this year it was my husband.  I'm so proud of you Love!!  Well Done!  Now come home. 

2 comments:

Melissa Bryant said...

Can't wait for pics of your baby girl! I hope Tim makes it home safe! Please send me your address so I can add to your collection of pink. We have plenty of it in the Bryant household.

David and Kate said...

Yay Tim!

And yes folks, I too can testify that Dori can still do the yoga tree pose at 32 weeks pregnant. Quite a feat!