Saturday, April 11, 2009

Braving the Rain

If you wait for only the good weather in England, you'll wait a long time.  With a go get 'em spirit, my friend Julie and I braved the drizzle and threat of heavy rain with our two - two and and half year old toddlers to walk into town and enjoy the company of others bustling about their Saturday morning errands.  Bury has a new shopping center in town - still an outdoor shopping area - with lots of nice shops to wander around.  Although we only bought a couple of decaf latte's (Julie's little girl is due a week before ours), we enjoyed being out and about.  

The shopping center is nice, but I wonder what it will do to our small town.  The new shops will surely draw some of the Cambridge shopping crowd, but will the little shops in town centre survive in the down economy?  Only time will tell.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

There is something nice about being out in the drizzle of an English spring day :)

Any good shops in the new center? I thought Bury was perfect the way it was...