Ollie did the cutest thing the other day. As I was putting clean sheets on our bed, he gathered the pillows and made a spot for himself. He then went into his room and brought back lamb (his favorite stuffed animal) and one of his all-time favorite books, "Goodnight Gorilla." He then began to "read" to himself, using some of the same hand movements that I use when I read the book to him. It was so cute that I stood around the corner and pretended to do something else so that I could watch him without disturbing the moment.
In other Ollie news, we counted his words and he's over fifty. A light went on in his brain on Sunday, and he now understands what keys do. He took the car keys and walked around saying "KEY, KEY" as he tried to put them into anything remotely resembling a keyhole. Ollie still loves his dog, and can say "Risby" pretty clearly. On the down side, he's got the patience of a one year old, which means none at all. We have a little teddy bear stool that I've named the patience stool. I sit him on it while he waits for whatever I'm getting (lunch, milk, snack). It sort of works.
Ollie's going to nursery for the first time on Wednesday. The socialization will be great for him (he's got a LOT of Tim in him), and I'm very excited about some me time. Its a win-win situation! On our initial visit, I had a hard time tearing him away from the sand-pit. Overall, I had a warm and fuzzy feeling about the place, with nice, friendly staff and loads of activities to enrich his time. I'll keep you posted.
Hope everyone is doing well!
Talk to you soon,
D
Monday, March 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment