Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Updates

Things are quick and crazy around here, but very good. Tim is busy with work...he's about to enjoy some time on a very big boat. We'll all be grateful for the AF life after this weekend, I think.

O man is doing very well. He's begun a new year at Mrs. Tara's preschool. Its within walking distance of the house and he loves it! Ollie in school is good for everyone involved : ) O man is obsessed with dinosaurs (especially the T-Rex) and other bigger kid things. He informed me the other day that he was a T-rex robot. The crazy things kids come up with! I would like to take the credit for his smart comments, but I'm pretty sure that he knows the word Jurassic because of Dinosaur Train. Thanks, PBS Kids! I guess all of the travel this summer to dinosaur locations in Utah didn't hurt.

Charlotte is a barrel of fun too. Her favorite word is "shoe," and I have woken up to a Teva in my face, ready to don my foot, on more than one morning. She will also try to bring over any pair of shoes to you and insist that you put them on. She's still a sweet girl, but she is very certain about what she likes and doesn't like and she is NOT afraid to tell you her opinion. I don't know where she gets that from. She loves her board books, especially the classic Pat the Bunny and anything Ollie can do, she can do better.

I'm doing pretty well too. A little burnt out on the whole race thing, but I still have four more to go! I'll make it through and I will be very happy when they are all behind me : ) Life in the desert is good and I'm trying to soak up as much time with my friends as possible. No matter where we are stationed next year, I will certainly be apart from some of them and I will be very sad about that. Its been amazing to get to know so many great gals. What will the world be like when I don't have great friends up and down my street?

Next on the horizon is a half marathon thru Disneyland for me and a camping trip to Yosemite for Tim and the kids. We're taking the kids to Disney later in the month for a conference, so we didn't feel the need to take them over Labor Day weekend. And the weekend after that is a triathlon in Malibu. I won't feel so lame looking for famous people as I slog away on the bike and the run. I'll be too busy looking out for sharks during the swim! We hope to find out our next fabulous assignment in October. We'll either stay here at lovely Edwards or make our way to the panhandle of Florida. We'll keep you posted!

Hope you are all well : )
Love,
The Spauldings

No comments: