Friday, November 13, 2009

Four years, two kids, and a dog

We are six weeks shy of a four year stay here in the UK, and we board a plane tomorrow for Los Angeles. Our family has grown to two children and a dog, we've survived two deployments, and we've made so many great friends. We are truly going to miss this island. Instead of a wordy recap, here's a list of some of the things that I'll miss most:

Good friends
Ollie's friends
Creamed Tea at Harriet's
A two hour flight to central Europe
PG Tips
Our tiny and cozy, but wonderful house across from a duck pond
Walking into Bury for dinner
Walking to the Abbey Gardens through the market on a Saturday with a cup of Cafe Nero coffee in my hands
The Rose Garden
Lunch with the girls
The Green Wellie
The RAF Club in London
Riding the train
Great travel

We don't yet have a forwarding address, but we expect one soon. The housing office at Edwards is one of our first stops next week! We'll keep you posted via e-mail.

If you find yourself in the LA area and want to see the middle of the desert, give us a buzz!



2 comments:

S and J said...

I don't know that I could have made a better "Things I'll miss most" about England list.
You just brought a smile to my face.
I wish you and your beautiful family safe travels, and all the best back in the States! Hopefully, we'll cross paths again soon.

David and Kate said...

Ahhhh we know how it feels. What a wonderful place to be for three years. We'll see you on the other side! When you get homesick for England just think about how you will now have places like Chipotle and Target at your finger tips. Oh and a huge diet coke makes me happy too because they never give you much soda in England.