Thursday, February 15, 2007

Funny Story

A woman and her mother-in-law were out shopping for some furniture, when two boys ran by. As the two boys crawled under furniture and bounced on sofas, the woman thought to herself, "These boys are certainly old enough to behave better!" Their behavior was so disruptive that the clerk helping the ladies had to stop and correct them more than once. They all noted that the mother of the boys was paying very little attention to her sons.

After choosing a chair, the woman offered to meet her mother-in-law in the car as she finalized the delivery details and paid. As they drove away, the woman said, "Can you believe those boys! My 4 year old grandson is better behaved than that!" The mother-in-law, with a smug look on her face said, "Don't worry, I fixed them." "Oh, Mom...what did you do!" The older lady replied, "As I was walking to the car, I saw their shoes. So, I just picked them up and hid them in another section of the store."

The funniest part of this is that the woman was my mother and the mother-in-law was my grandmother! We've been getting a laugh all week long!

No comments: